My Mom's Sausage and Rice Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound fresh, ground pork sausage
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 ½ cups hot water
- 1 envelope chicken noodle mix -dry
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a Dutch-oven over medium heat, brown the sausage with the onion, celery and bell pepper; drain. Pour in rice, hot water, and soup mix. Stir until any lumps of soup have melted. Top with almonds. Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.