N'Awlins Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon file powder
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 pound cooked ham, finely chopped
- 1 pound baby shrimp
- 1 (16 ounce) package unseasoned dry bread stuffing mix
- 6 large green bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
step 1: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
step 2: Heat oil in a large pot over low heat. Saute onion, celery and chopped green pepper for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, and saute for 2 minutes. Season with parsley, Creole seasoning, file powder, salt and pepper.
step 3: Increase heat to medium high, and add ground beef. Cook until beef is evenly browned. Stir in ham, and cook for 5 minutes. Add shrimp, and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in stuffing mix.
step 4: Stuff each bell pepper half, and lightly sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Place stuffed bell pepper halves in ungreased baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.