Nana's Fruit Salad Recipe
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can fruit cocktail, juice reserved
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 apples, cored and diced with peel
- 2 Bartlett pears, cored and diced
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
step 1: In a large bowl combine fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, apples, pears, and pecans.
step 2: In a small mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and lemon juice. Add enough fruit cocktail juice to achieve a smooth and creamy consistency.
step 3: Fold the cream cheese mixture into the fruit mixture and toss. Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving. Prior to serving slice bananas, add to fruit salad and toss again.