No-Bake Mile-High Banana Split Pie Recipe
- 1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 ¼ cups cold milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 bananas, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate crumb crust
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hot fudge topping
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 12 maraschino cherries with stems, drained
- 3 tablespoons walnut pieces
step 1: In a large bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping, and sliced banana. Reserve 1/2 of banana pudding mixture, and spread the remainder into pie crust.
step 2: In a small bowl, stir together hot fudge sauce and rum. Reserve 3 tablespoons in a microwave-safe container, for drizzling on top. With the back of a spoon, gently spread 1/2 of remaining fudge sauce over banana pudding in pie crust. Repeat layers with remaining banana pudding and remaining fudge sauce. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until firm.
step 3: Arrange pineapple chunks in a single layer over top of pie. Spread with remaining whipped topping, swirling topping into peaks with the back of a spoon. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
step 4: In a microwave oven, heat reserved fudge sauce until pourable, about 10 seconds. Drizzle sauce with a fork over top of pie. Garnish with maraschino cherries and chopped walnuts.