Norwegian Waffles Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted shortening
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
step 1: Preheat a waffle iron.
step 2: Beat together eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until fluffy. Pour in shortening, milk, salt, and vanilla; mix until well blended. Sift together the flour and baking powder. Mix the flour into the liquid.
step 3: Spoon 2/3 cup of batter onto the preheated waffle iron at a time. Close the iron and cook until steam no is no longer coming out and waffle is browned.