Not this one Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil or cooking oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 12 ounces baby carrots with tops, peeled and trimmed
- 2 medium red and/or yellow sweet peppers
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
step 1: For vinaigrette, combine oil, lemon juice, basil, garlic, mustard, salt, and pepper in a screw-top jar. Cover and shake well. Set aside.
step 2: Cook green beans, covered, in a small amount of boiling water in a large saucepan for 4 minutes. Add carrots and cook, covered, for 8 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
step 3: Cut shapes out of the sweet peppers, using a star-shape cutter. Place the green beans, carrots, sweet peppers, mushrooms, and tomatoes in a bag set in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over vegetables.
step 4: Seal bag, and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours, turning the bag occasionally to distribute vinaigrette.
step 5: To serve, bring to room temperature. Drain vegetables; arrange on a platter. Makes 8 to 10 servings.