Oat and Herb Encrusted Turkey Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons prepared brown mustard
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets turkey breast
- 1 (6 ounce) container fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
step 2: In a bowl, thoroughly mix the milk and prepared brown mustard. In a separate bowl, mix the oats, sage, and rosemary. Dredge each turkey breast first in the milk mixture, then in the oat mixture to evenly coat.
step 3: Bake turkey 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the oats are crisp and the internal temperature of the turkey has reached a minimum of 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).
step 4: In a bowl, mix the yogurt and whole grain mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the cooked turkey to serve, or use as a dipping sauce.