Oaxacan Tacos Recipe
- 2 pounds top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 18 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 limes, cut into wedges
step 1: Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute steak in hot skillet until browned on the outside and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove to a plate and keep warm.
step 2: Heat oil in the same skillet. Place a tortilla in the hot oil and cook, turning once, until tortilla is lightly browned and flexible. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
step 3: Place tortillas on a plate and top each with steak, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro. Squeeze lime juice over the top.