Ohana Sundaes Recipe
- 1 (20 ounce) can DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 1/2 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice or cinnamon
- 10 bamboo skewers*
- 20 medium DOLE Strawberries
- 3 DOLE Bananas, cut in 1-inch rounds
- 2 DOLE Mangos, cut in 2-inch pieces
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
step 1: Heat grill to medium.
step 2: Combine orange juice, pineapple juice, lemon juice, honey, allspice and cornstarch in small saucepan. Over medium heat, stirring occasionally, bring to a boil and cook until thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
step 3: Thread pineapple, banana, strawberry and mango on wooden skewers. Repeat so there are 2 pieces of each fruit on each skewer. Repeat for remaining skewers.
step 4: Grill kabobs 3 to 5 minutes per side until fruit starts to brown. Generously brush fruit with sauce while grilling.
step 5: Serve skewer alone or with vanilla ice cream. Pour remaining sauce over fruit and ice cream to taste.