Oklahoma Tamale Casserole Recipe
- 3 slices bacon
- 16 canned beef tamales, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup stuffed green olives
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
step 1: In a skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon until evenly brown and crisp. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
step 2: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 4 quart casserole dish.
step 3: In a large bowl, mix the tamales, chicken, corn, tomatoes, raisins, and olives. Season with chili powder and salt. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish. Dot with butter. In a separate bowl, mix the chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the casserole.
step 4: Bake 45 minutes in the preheated oven. Top with Cheddar cheese, and continue baking 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.