Okra Stew with Shrimp Recipe
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded
- 6 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup chopped okra
- 3 tomatoes - blanched, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green chile pepper
step 1: Place shrimp in mixing bowl and squeeze lime juice on top, trying to coat shrimp evenly.
step 2: Heat butter in a stock pot and saute the green pepper with shallots or chives for 2 to 3 minutes. Mix in corn, okra, tomatoes, tomato paste, thyme, bay leaf and chili pepper. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
step 3: Add the shrimp, return to a boil and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf and chili before serving.