Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can nonfat sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium bananas, thinly sliced
- 36 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, divided
- reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Garnish: banana slices
step 1: COMBINE flour and salt in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in milks and egg substitute. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat, and whisk in vanilla. Cool.
step 2: ARRANGE one-third of banana slices in bottom of a 2-quart dish; top with one-third of pudding mixture and 12 wafers. Repeat layers twice, arranging last 12 wafers around edge of dish. Dollop with whipped topping. Cover and chill. Garnish, if desired.