Old-Fashioned Butterscotch Pudding Recipe
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream
step 1: COMBINE sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil. Remove from heat.
step 2: PLACE egg in small bowl; stir in small amount of milk mixture. Add to milk mixture; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and vanilla extract. Pour into dessert dishes. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Top with whipped cream.