Old Fashioned Apple Cream Pie Recipe
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup apricot preserves
step 1: Place sliced apples in a large bowl and toss with sugar and lemon juice. Melt butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples to skillet and saute until tender. Allow to cool.
step 2: In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in 1 cup milk, pudding mix, and lemon rind. Add remaining 1/2 cup milk, and beat until smooth. Spread mixture into pastry shell. Arrange apples over cream cheese layer.
step 3: In a small saucepan, heat preserves until runny. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat apples. Refrigerate pie for at least 1 hour before serving.