One-Two-Three Cake Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package pineapple flavored cake mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch pan.
step 2: In prepared pan, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, and water. Stir together until cake mix is moistened, breaking up any large lumps in the batter and spreading to cover bottom of pan. Spoon on pie filling to form strips evenly spaced over batter, but not too close to edge of pan. Gently fold batter over pie filling, creating a swirl pattern and spreading out to form an even layer.
step 3: Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
step 4: For the topping: Mix together the crushed pineapple and instant pudding. Refrigerate for 5 minutes, or until thickened. Fold in whipped topping, then spread over cooled cake. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.