Onions in Raisin Sauce Recipe
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound pearl onions, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
step 1: Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onions until golden, about 7 minutes.
step 2: Stir in garlic, wine, broth, tomato paste, raisins, orange zest, thyme, black pepper and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes, stirring often. When onions are tender increase the heat to high and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.