Orange, Walnut, Gorgonzola and Mixed Greens Salad with Fresh Citrus Vinaigrette Recipe
- 3/4 cup walnut halves
- 10 ounces mixed salad greens with arugula
- 2 large navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
step 1: Place the walnuts in a skillet over medium heat. Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until lightly browned.
step 2: In a large bowl, toss the toasted walnuts, salad greens, oranges, and red onion.
step 3: In a large jar with a lid, mix the olive oil, vegetable oil, orange juice, sugar, vinegar, mustard, oregano, and pepper. Seal jar, and shake to mix.
step 4: Divide the salad greens mixture into individual servings. To serve, sprinkle with Gorgonzola cheese, and drizzle with the dressing mixture.