Orange Chicken Tabbouleh Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup bulgur
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 cups chopped seeded cucumber
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- romaine lettuce leaves
step 1: In a medium mixing bowl pour boiling water over bulgur. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain off excess liquid.
step 2: Meanwhile, finely shred enough peel from oranges to make 2 teaspoons peel. Peel and section oranges over a bowl to catch juice. Cover and chill orange sections until serving time. Measure and reserve 1/4 cup orange juice.
step 3: In a large mixing bowl stir together drained bulgur, orange peel, orange juice, chicken, cucumber, parsley, green onion, mint, oil, and salt.
step 4: Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
step 5: Just before serving, fold in orange sections. Serve on lettuce-lined plates.