Orange Drop Cookies I Recipe
- 1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly grease cookie sheets.
step 2: In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together 3 teaspoons baking powder and 3 1/4 cups flour.
step 3: Beat together brown sugar and shortening then add eggs, orange rind and vanilla. Mix in flour mixture, alternating the flour mixture and sour milk until all is blended. Drop dough by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets.
step 4: Bake 12-15 minutes. Let cool and frost cookies.
step 5: To Make Frosting: Mix together powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon butter and enough orange juice mixed in to make it able to spread over cooled cookies.