Orange Salad Recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (15 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) package orange flavored Jell-O® mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup water
- 4 bananas, sliced
step 1: In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix the egg, sugar, flour, 1/2 can pineapple, margarine and vanilla extract. Slowly cook and stir until thickened. Pour into an 8x8 inch dish. Mix in the whipped topping. Chill in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until firm.
step 2: Dissolve the orange flavored gelatin mix in boiling water. Stir in remaining water. Chill in the refrigerator 1 hour, or until thick but not firm.
step 3: Mix bananas and remaining pineapple into the gelatin. Spread on top of the mixture in the dish. Chill in the refrigerator 3 hours, or until firm.