Oriental Short Ribs Barbecue Recipe
- 4 pounds beef short ribs, trimmed of excess fat and cut cross-wise no more than 3/8 to 1/2 inch thick.*
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground Szechuan peppercorns**
- Fresh red chile peppers
- Green onions
- Radish roses
step 1: Combine sliced green onion, soy sauce, water, sesame oil, brown sugar, sesame seeds, garlic, ginger, red pepper and Szechuan peppercorns; reserve 1/2 cup marinade. Place beef ribs and marinade in a plastic bag, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 4 to 6 hours, turning occasionally.
step 2: Remove ribs from marinade. Place ribs on grid over medium heat.*** Grill 5 to 6 minutes. Turn ribs over; brush with reserved marinade. Cover and continue cooking 5 to 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place ribs on platter; garnish with chili peppers, green onions and radish roses.