Oriental Turkey Salad Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chow mein noodles
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 pound fresh bean sprouts
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
step 1: In a medium bowl combine cornstarch and sugar, then stir in bouillon, sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and cayenne pepper. Mix well and set aside.
step 2: Saute turkey and onion in a large skillet over medium high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink. Drain liquid from skillet, then stir in cornstarch mixture and water chestnuts. Reduce heat to medium and cook until sauce thickens and mixture is heated through.
step 3: Arrange lettuce on a large serving platter, then top with turkey mixture, green onions and chow mein noodles. Arrange carrots, mushrooms, bean sprouts and tomatoes around the turkey mixture and serve.