Penne with Chili, Chicken, and Prawns Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked penne pasta
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spicy red pepper pasta sauce
- ½ pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 fresh red chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
step 1: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Place penne pasta in the pot, cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente, and drain.
step 2: Place chicken, bacon, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook 10 minutes, until bacon is evenly brown and chicken juices run clear. Drain grease.
step 3: Mix pasta sauce into skillet. Continue cooking until sauce is heated through. Mix in shrimp. Cook 2 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. Stir in chile pepper. Toss with cooked pasta and 1/2 the Parmesan cheese just before serving. Garnish with remaining Parmesan.