Out of this World Pie Recipe
- 2 (9 inch) pie shells, baked
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 teaspoon red food color (optional)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) package raspberry flavored Jell-O® mix
- 6 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed (optional)
step 1: In a large saucepan, combine pie filling, pineapple with juice, food coloring, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook over low heat until thick, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin.
step 2: Allow mixture to cool, then stir in banana slices. Pour half of mixture into each pastry shell. Top with whipped topping if desired. Chill at least four hours before serving.