Oven Stew II Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds cubed stew meat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 5 carrots, chopped
- 3 potatoes - peeled and cubed
- 1/2 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
step 2: Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in the meat, seal the bag and shake well to coat. Spread the oil in the bottom of a 10x15 inch roasting pan, then arrange the meat in a single layer in the pan.
step 3: Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
step 4: Remove from oven and add the tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, peas, water, onion soup mix, salt and ground black pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon, cover and return to the oven.
step 5: Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or to desired tenderness.