Oven Stew with Burgundy Wine Recipe
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Burgundy wine
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
step 2: Cook the beef on the stove over medium heat in a large, ovenproof pot or roaster until brown. Remove from heat and stir in flour until cubes are coated. Stir in carrots, celery and onions. Season with salt, thyme, mustard, pepper and bouillon. Finally, pour in water and wine. Cover.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven 4 hours. Serve hot.