Pan Fried Whole Trout Recipe
- 4 whole (12 ounce) trout, cleaned with tails and heads on
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons - cut into wedges, for garnish
step 1: Remove gills from fish and discard. Rinse fish under cold water.
step 2: In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
step 3: In shallow dish, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt and pepper. Raise heat to high. Dredge fish in flour mixture and fry in hot oil for about 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until meat flakes with a fork. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.