Papaya Bruschetta Recipe
- 1 papaya
- 5 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
step 1: Cut papaya in half and remove seeds. Reserve 2 tablespoons of seeds for the dressing. Peel and dice the papaya, and place in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, red onion, red pepper and basil, and set aside.
step 2: In a food processor or blender, combine the papaya seeds, sugar, wine vinegar, oil, mustard and green onions. Process until smooth and thick, and most of the seeds have broken up. Pour over the papaya mixture and stir to coat all of the ingredients. Serve with slices of baguette.