Quorn™ and Chickpea Curry Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (12 ounce) package Quorn™ Chicken-Style Recipe Tenders
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon black mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons tomato puree
- 1 (8 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
step 1: Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Cook Quorn in oil until golden brown. Set aside.
step 2: Using the same pan, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, cumin seed, and mustard seed in oil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft.
step 3: Season with ground turmeric, cumin, and coriander, chili powder, and salt. Mix in tomato puree, then stir in Quorn, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in garam masala.