Passover Cheesecake With Strawberry Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups soft coconut macaroon cookie crumbs (Kosher for Passover)
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries in lite syrup, thawed, drained, reserving 1/4 cup syrup (Kosher for Passover)
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
step 1: Mix cookie crumbs and margarine. Press onto bottom and 1 inch up sides of lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
step 2: Beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in peel; pour over crust.
step 3: Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate. Place strawberries in blender or food processor container; cover. Blend until smooth. Strain. Stir in reserved syrup and juice. Serve with cheesecake.