Pasta 'All Amatriciana' with Artichokes and Olives Recipe
- 4 ounces pancetta or lightly smoked bacon, diced
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with oil, garlic and onions, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 (2 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 pound fettuccine or linguine
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
step 1: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pancetta, stirring often until browned, about 6 minutes.
step 2: Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add undrained tomatoes, artichoke hearts, wine, olives, rosemary and crushed red pepper. Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in parsley.
step 3: Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain well and toss with sauce.
step 4: Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.