Pasta Arrabiata Recipe
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 4 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can Hunt's Petite Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 (29 ounce) can Hunt's® Tomato Puree
- 2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmiagano Reggiano*
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
step 1: Heat oil in a 6-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook about 3 minutes or until garlic is golden. Blend in diced tomatoes and puree; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in red pepper flakes, oregano, and salt.
step 2: Cook uncovered for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain; reserve 1/2 cup cooking water.
step 3: Return pasta and reserved water to pan; sprinkle with cheese. Add basil to sauce; then pour 2 cups of sauce over pasta. Toss until well combined. Serve pasta with additional sauce.