Pasta Salad Nicoise Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat-free, Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups small seashell pasta
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained, flaked
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 California avocado - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 4 leaves green leaf lettuce, rinsed
- 2 large black olives, sliced
step 1: In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, basil, garlic and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
step 2: In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
step 3: In a large bowl, combine the pasta, albacore, tomato, avocado and red onion. Add dressing and toss together to evenly coat.
step 4: Line four plates with lettuce leaves, spoon on salad and garnish with olive slices.