Pasta Salad with Tuna and Broccoli Recipe
- 1 head broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 pound fresh tuna steaks
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup white wine
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, diced
- 8 large black olives, sliced
- ½ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 4 anchovy fillets, rinsed
- ¾ cup olive oil
step 1: Put a large pot of salted water on to boil; use this water to blanch the broccoli and cook the pasta. Blanch broccoli in boiling water. When it is al dente, transfer broccoli to a bowl of ice water. Drain thoroughly.
step 2: Cook penne in salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain. Rinse under cold running water until completely cooled, and then drain completely.
step 3: Meanwhile, place tuna in a skillet with water, white wine, and lemon juice. Cover, and cook until done. Break fish into chunks.
step 4: Combine broccoli, penne, fish, tomatoes, cheese, olives, walnuts, garlic, and parsley in a large serving bowl.
step 5: Heat olive oil in small pan over low heat. Cut anchovy fillets into small pieces, add to the olive oil, and mash with a fork until they dissolve. Do not let oil get too hot. Pour oil-anchovy mixture over salad. Toss, and serve immediately.