Pasta Shrimp Toss Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked dried linguine or spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 12 ounces fresh medium raw shrimp, shelled, deveined, tails removed, rinsed, drained
- 1 medium green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 5 Roma tomatoes, cubed 1/2-inch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
step 1: Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain. Set aside; keep warm.
step 2: Meanwhile, melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onion, shrimp, green pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until shrimp turn pink (6 to 7 minutes).
step 3: Stir whipping cream and flour together in small bowl until smooth; stir into shrimp mixture. Continue cooking until mixture just comes to a boil (about 1 minute). Stir in tomatoes and basil.
step 4: Place hot, cooked pasta in large pasta bowl or on serving platter; top with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.