Pasta With Tuna Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (5 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry pasta
step 1: In a large saute pan, heat oil over low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in capers, tomatoes, lemon juice, and parsley. Season with red pepper flakes to taste. Simmer gently for 3 minutes to thicken sauce. Fold in tuna, and heat through.
step 2: While sauce is cooking, add pasta to a large pot of rapidly boiling water; cook till just tender. Drain well.
step 3: Toss pasta with sauce, and serve.