Pasta alla Carbonara Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound white onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 pounds uncooked pasta
- 2/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
step 1: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onions in oil until tender. Drain on paper towels.
step 2: Using the same pan, cook mushrooms in butter over medium heat. Stir in onions and bacon; reduce heat to low, and cook until bacon browns. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, cream, and cheese; mix into bacon mixture. Cook, stirring, until the sauce begins to thicken. Remove from heat.
step 3: Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain. Toss hot noodles with sauce, parsley and red pepper flakes.