Pasta and Fresh Cilantro Crunchy Stuff Recipe
- 4 bunches cilantro leaves
- 2 bunches fresh basil, stems removed
- 3 cloves garlic
- 24 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 pounds crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 3 (16 ounce) jars Alfredo pasta sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) packages fusilli pasta
step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
step 2: In a blender or food processor, puree the cilantro, basil, and 3 cloves of garlic until minced very fine. Thoroughly combine the herb mixture in a large bowl with the Parmesan, and 1/4 cup of olive oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Pack the mixture firmly, about 1 inch thick, into a medium-sized, glass baking dish.
step 3: Bake in preheated oven until the top is lightly browned and crispy, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven, stir well, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven, break apart with a spoon, and allow to cool.
step 4: While the crunchy stuff is baking, heat olive oil in a large pan over low heat. Lightly brown 2 tablespoons of garlic, stir in the mushrooms, and cook until softened. Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes, and Alfredo sauce; cook to warm.
step 5: Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. To serve, toss pasta in sauce, and sprinkle with crunchy stuff!