Pasta and Salmon Salad Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package tri-colored pasta assortment
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3/4 pound medium shrimp, in the shell
- 1/4 pound smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
step 1: Fill a large saucepan with salted water and bring to a boil. Add the curry powder, let it dissolve, then add the pasta. When the pasta is cooked but still firm, drain and cool with running water. Drain again thoroughly and place in a large salad bowl.
step 2: Fill a large pot with salted water and bring to a boil. Boil the shrimp until they turn pink and curl slightly, 2-3 minutes. Drain, place under cold running water and drain again. Peel and devein the shrimp and set aside.
step 3: To the pasta add the cooked shrimp, smoked salmon and green peas. In a small bowl stir together the tarragon, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste until well mixed. Add the oil and stir vigorously until blended.
step 4: Pour dressing over pasta dish. Toss well and serve.