Pasta with Catfish and Artichokes Recipe
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced artichoke hearts
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 1 carrot, cut into julienne strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into julienne strips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream or milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta or vermicelli
- 1/2 (3 ounce) package grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
step 1: Cut catfish fillets in half crosswise and slice into thin strips.
step 2: Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add catfish strips and saute for 1 minute. Stir in artichokes, bell pepper, carrot and zucchini and saute until vegetables are tender and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Stir in cream or milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep sauce warm while preparing the pasta.
step 3: Cook pasta according to the package directions. Drain and place in a serving bowl. Pour cream mixture over the pasta, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss well. Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve immediately.