Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Corn Recipe
- 8 ounces pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup whole corn kernels, cooked
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
step 1: In a large pot with boiling salted water cook pasta until al dente. Drain.
step 2: Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried basil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the tomatoes, corn kernels, and scallions. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
step 3: Toss pasta with tomato mixture. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh basil, if desired.