Pastrami Chicken Bake Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 ⅓ cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces sliced pastrami
- 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
step 1: In a saucepan bring 1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is al dente and firm. Press cooked rice into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish.
step 2: Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
step 3: Place a small piece of pastrami where chicken pieces will be placed on rice. Cut each chicken breast in half lengthwise, wrap each piece in a bacon slice and place atop pastrami and rice. In a medium bowl combine soup, sour cream and mushrooms. Pour over all, then pour 1/3 cup chicken broth around circumference of dish.
step 4: Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until fork tender.