Patriotic Poke Cake Recipe
- 2 baked 9-inch round white cake layers, cooled
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 (3 ounce) package JELL-O Brand Gelatin, any red flavor
- 1 (3 ounce) package JELL-O Brand Berry Blue Flavor Gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) container COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
step 1: Place cake layers, top sides up, in 2 clean 9-inch round cake pans. Pierce cake with large fork at 1/2-inch intervals.
step 2: Stir 1 cup of the boiling water into red and Berry Blue gelatin in separate bowls 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Carefully pour red gelatin over 1 cake layer and Berry Blue gelatin over second cake layer. Refrigerate 3 hours.
step 3: Dip 1 cake pan in warm water 10 seconds; unmold onto serving plate. Spread with about 1 cup of the whipped topping. Unmold second cake layer; carefully place on first cake layer. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining whipped topping.
step 4: Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh fruit, if desired. Store leftover cake in refrigerator.