Patsy's Best Barbeque Beef Recipe
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed and chopped
step 1: In a large bowl, mix the celery, onions, green pepper, ketchup, water, barbeque sauce, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce. Season with chili powder, salt, and pepper.
step 2: Place the roast in a slow cooker, and cover with the sauce mixture. Cover, and cook on Low for approximately 12 hours.
step 3: Shred the meat with a fork. Increase cooking temperature to High, and continue cooking until most of the liquid has been reduced.