Paul's Southern California BBQ Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup brown sugar
step 1: Place the apple cider vinegar in a medium saucepan, and bring to a boil. Mix in the ketchup, onion, garlic, dry mustard, chili powder, seasoning salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir in the brown sugar. Cook, stirring often, 10 to 15 minutes.
step 2: Reduce heat, and, stirring occasionally, allow the mixture to simmer about 45 minutes, until thickened. Cool before serving.