Pea Salad I Recipe
- 8 eggs
- 8 slices bacon (optional)
- 2 heads romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
step 1: Place eggs in a saucepan, and cover completely with cold water. Bring water to a boil for one minute. Cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, and cool. Peel. Slice egg with an egg slicer, or just crumble.
step 2: Place bacon in a large skillet. Cook, turning frequently, over medium high heat until evenly browned.
step 3: Spread Romaine lettuce evenly over the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer crumbled bacon, thawed peas, and eggs over the lettuce.
step 4: In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, milk, and sugar until smooth. Pour evenly over salad, and top with cheese. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Serve.