Peach-Pepper Chicken Recipe
- 1 (4 pound) broiler chicken, cut into serving pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Shortening Sticks or Crisco® Butter Shortening
- 3/4 cup SMUCKER'S® Peach Preserves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium green or red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Hot cooked rice
step 1: Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
step 2: Melt shortening in large skillet. Add chicken pieces and brown lightly on all sides.
step 3: Stir together SMUCKER'S(R) preserves, onion, lemon juice, ginger and bell pepper in medium bowl; stir until well combined. Pour over chicken, cover, and simmer 25 to 35 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
step 4: Blend cornstarch with water in a small bowl. Stir into sauce and cook until sauce is slightly thickened. Pour over chicken. Serve with rice.