Peach Salsa II Recipe
- 4 cups fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 jalapeno peppers, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (49 gram) package light fruit pectin crystals
- 3 1/2 cups white sugar
- canning jars
step 1: Sterilize jars and lids.
step 2: In a large saucepan, combine peaches, onion, pepper, cilantro, garlic, cumin, vinegar, and lime zest. Stir together pectin and 1/4 cup sugar. Bring to a boil, and stir in remaining 3 1/2 cups sugar. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and stir for 5 minutes.
step 3: Pour peach salsa into prepared jars, leaving 1/4 inch air space. Seal, and process in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes.