Peach Salsa Recipe
- 20 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 onions, finely chopped
- 5 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and chopped
- 5 pears - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 4 cups white sugar
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 4 tablespoons pickling spice, wrapped in cheesecloth
step 1: In a large saucepan, bring to a boil the tomatoes, onions, peaches, pears, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, sugar, vinegar and salt. Reduce heat. Place the pickling spice into the mixture. Stirring frequently, simmer 1 1/2 hours, or until volume is reduced by half.
step 2: Discard spice bag. Transfer the mixture to sterile containers. Store in the refrigerator until use.