Peaches and Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package French vanilla flavored cake mix
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained
step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour 2 (9 inch) round pans.
step 2: In a large bowl, stir together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in sour cream, oil and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pans.
step 3: Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
step 4: Make Filling: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar, alternating with milk. Beat in cinnamon and vanilla until light and fluffy.
step 5: Assemble the cake: Slice cakes horizontally to make 4 layers. Reserve 8 peach slices for garnish; chop remaining peaches. Fill each layer with 1/3 cup frosting mixture and 1/2 cup chopped peaches. Frost top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish with sliced peaches.